Today Brian is joined by fellow podcaster Shawn Mynar. They discuss different ways to tweak the ketogenic diet with a specific focus on women’s needs. Lots of great stuff to learn, so listen a couple of times and go check out Shawn’s podcast and resources.
- There are research findings that show that gut biome health can be directly tied to autoimmune disease.
- When it comes to a diet change, you might as well try it to see if it helps.
- For women, you might want to wade slowly into the keto way of life so you can have an easier time transitioning.
- There are so many things that are beneficial from the Keto way of life, but many people only focus on the number on the scale
- Medications can make things more difficult. Don’t let that stop you from going keto, it will likely assist you in your overall health, and then you can deal with how the meds affect you.
Rules for Keto(specifically focused towards women)
- Drop the rules, while keto is specific, you are coming to Keto from a “dieting” space, and you need to unlearn some of those “rules”
- Dig into the “Why’s” behind your inability to lose weight or the reason you are feeling the need to come to keto
- when trying to get into the keto way of life pick a few people or groups you resonate with and then leave the rest since there are a million voices and not everyone uses the method that is going to work best for you
- Some people would rather be told what to do instead of self-assessing to find out what’s happening at the core of things
- Keto isn’t a quick fix, and you need to have a relationship with yourself to hear the cues your body is trying to give you for what it needs to be healthy
- Take charge of your health
- Keep a food feeling journal, not for macros, but for how different food items affect you so you can more clearly see trends
- Shawn believes a nutrient-dense keto diet is the ideal way to getting the nutrients your body needs
- If you aren’t losing weight, and you need to for health reasons, while getting a nutrient-dense keto diet, your body is likely telling you that there’s something else going on.
- Trust the process and be patient to allow your body to heal
Tips and tricks
- Slowly reduce your carb(whole food based, not sugar) intake while slowly increasing your fat to reduce the amount of stress you put on your body while moving to keto
- Make sure you’re in ketosis, have some type of test. (Blood or breath tests are preferred. Urine sticks aren’t very helpful)
- Use it as a basic guide, don’t let it become an obsession
- Do this to make sure you don’t get stuck in Low-carb purgatory
- Get rid of the diet mentality.
- Don’t limit how much food you eat.
- Eat lots and lots of nutrient-dense food
- You want your body in a space where it knows it’s safe to release stored fat
How can men help the ladies in their lives:
- Do it with your female family members.
- Supports them and healthy for you
Normal day of food:
Breakfast: Eggs, bacon/sausage, some greens cooked in bacon fat or butter
Lunch: Giant salad with beef or pork on it with homemade ranch, avocado
Snack: 75-90% Dark chocolate
Dinner: Whatever cut of meat she has on hand with veggies cooked in coconut oil or butter
- Doesn’t force a meal if not hungry
Favorite Keto food:
Burgers due to being simple to make, easy to pile on the fat and versatile.
Shawn’s contact links:
Make sure to check out our new book to help kickstart the new year and stay locked into the keto way of life.
Also, don’t forget about Ketovangelist Unlimited. Check it out for exclusive Recipes, Meal plans, Workouts, and much more: Ketovangelist Unlimited
And who can forget KetoCon it will be here before you know it. Get your tickets now: https://www.ketocon.org/