How does scheduling work?
- Check the calendar on the website to find the coach who is available at times that are convenient to you
- Some coaches may be more flexible with times than others – see the notes above the calendar
How long is a coaching session?
- 1-on-1 session may last up to an hour once a week
- Full group session (of 4 members) may last up to an hour once a week (smaller groups may have shorter sessions depending on how many are in the group)
What if I miss a session?
- For 1-on-1 clients, with 24 hours notice, sessions can be rescheduled/made up
- Missed group sessions may not be made up unless your coach has an open space at another group time. Make sure your schedule is compatible with the coach you choose
- For 1-on-1 and group sessions missed, any questions or concerns will be addressed via email
How does a coaching session work?
- 1-on-1 and group coaching calls are done through google hangouts (it’s similar to Skype), ZOOM, phone call or texting (the texting option may not be available with all coaches). Your coach will email you a call login shortly before your scheduled time. You must have a gmail or a google account to access the call. You can join the call either through your computer or a phone app
- Make sure that if you are working from a computer that your computer is enabled with a working microphone
- In group calls there will be up to three other clients on the call. Everyone will have individual time to discuss their current situations and voice any questions, concerns, and/or victories
- Group is a great place to find additional support. Feel free to connect outside of the sessions
Will having a coach yield results?
- Yes. But, keep in mind, coaches are to provide support, accountability, encouragement, offer new ideas/tweaks/changes for both food and behaviors. We want to see you reach your goals. We need you to be serious and committed to change. This process is all about you. The hard parts are up to you
What if I have medical concerns?
- Your coach is not a medical professional
- Any advice or information presented in coaching sessions, whether through an online meeting or through email, should not be considered medical advice or treatment. Always consult with your primary care physician
- Your coach will promote a true ketogenic way of eating as advised by Drs Phinney, Volek, Nally, and Westman. We also advocate for Dr. Fung’s intermittent fasting protocols
How do I continue or cancel my coaching sessions?
- Coaching is set up as a subscription service and it will automatically renew
- If you need to change the type of coaching, change your payment method, or cancel your subscription, contact us through email
- Refunds will not be issued if you cancel after your subscription has renewed. To cancel, do so before your recurring charge occurs
How does email coaching work?
- You will hear from your coach within 24 hours of signing up
- It is your responsibility to keep your coach informed of any questions or concerns – the frequency of contact is totally up to you
- You may email your coach as often as necessary – whether that is ten times in a day or once a week or something in between
How does coaching work during holidays?
- There will be no face to face sessions (no group or 1-on-1) during the week of Thanksgiving and the week of and/or after Christmas. Your coach may be available via email
- Your coach may also reschedule sessions during their personal vacation time
- Your coach will inform you directly of any alterations in their schedule
Will my coach provide a meal plan?
- Coaches do not provide meal plans
- Coaches may provide suggestions regarding simple meals and places to find recipes online
- The Ketovangelist website will offer meal plans for sale a few times a year, so be sure to sign up for email reminders (and receive a food list for doing so!) so that you will be notified when the meal plans are released
Will my coach provide macros?
- Your coach will be able to assist in finding the macros suited to your body
- Ketovangelist coaches advocate for macros that are very low carb, moderate protein, and high fat
Will my coach provide workouts and/or exercise advice?
- The coaches can offer suggestions and resources for you to utilize during your workouts, but they are not personal trainers